Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Peachy Keen Let's Face it Friday - Fall Project

This was sooo much fun! I've been looking for new ways to use my melting pot and UTEE embossing powder. I thought of creating something with lots of leaves, and thought a pumpkin would be a good object to put a Peachy Keen face on! I came up with this votive candle holder.

I stamped the face with StazOn ink in Timber Brown because I didn't want to risk it melting away when I dipped it in the UTEE. I cut everything from the Speaking of Fall cartridge, cut shadows, and attached the leaves to the shadow layers just on one edge so that the other edge of the leaves had some dimension. I then dipped those in UTEE, and it worked like a charm! I attached the pieces to the glass votive with a hot glue gun for durability. I think I might make a video on this because it was so simple, but packs as lot of punch! TFL!


3 comments:

  1. What a great project!!! I am not familiar with what utee is though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ultra thick embossing enamel, it's an embossing powder made by ranger! Really cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! I love the glossy leaves! Thanks for playing with us in the Pk Let's Face it Friday challenge!

    ReplyDelete